Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Chad Rosenthal 272 posts 474 karma points
    Sep 07, 2010 @ 20:13
    Chad Rosenthal

Member Controlled Content

I know I started this conversation before, but the context has changed.

Basically, I'm looking at created member controlled content. Where an organization has a front-end profile and an organization can create programs. One login = one organization.

My initial thought was to use the membership and to create an organization docType. The docType includes a memberId. The member functionality basically controls the username, email address, password, while the docType controls everything that is front facing (ie address, description, categories, etc).

We then create a program docType with the memberId as one of the properties. Once a member is logged in, they will see all of the programs that they have created. They will be able to edit them and delete them.All of this would be created by hand and so I would be able to control what programs they can view, and what they can edit.

On displaying the program, I could then use the Member Id to find the Organization that matches that program to create a link between the program and organization.

This would be using 4.5.2. Just curious if my logic is correct, or if there are better ways to do this then the simpleton approach.

-C

• Dirk De Grave 4541 posts 6021 karma points MVP 3x admin c-trib
    Sep 07, 2010 @ 21:01
    Dirk De Grave

Logic seems ok, although may think of implementing this functionality using the relationship api. May be worth looking at Hendy's package and blog posts on relation datatype (haven't checked his latest version tho)

Looking forward to hearing about the solution you eventually go for.

Cheers,

/Dirk

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft