Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• dotnetgeek 1 post 21 karma points
    Sep 16, 2010 @ 09:20
    dotnetgeek

Creating a page with multiple contents

Hi,

I'am very new to umbraco and I try to set up a website that looks similar to this one http://www.katholisch.de/

We don't have only one html content on these page, it could be multiple columns with different kind of content. For example in the middel we find 3-x articles or news an the firstone is displayed in another way. What did I have to do that? At the Backendend each of the entries shout be on entry with an image, hader (subheader), text an link to a site with more informationen.

I think the best way to do it - is to define subpages of the current page and than display the teaser of all underlaying subpages.

On the left hand there are many banners with a image an a link. is there a module to manage such thinks?

On the right hand we have a dynamic placeholder for different Usercontrols, Teaser, Banner, etc. how can I manage which page show which teasers.

thanks for your help

Daniel

• Rik Helsen 670 posts 873 karma points
    Sep 16, 2010 @ 10:16
    Rik Helsen

Every piece of content is int's own page (and optionally document type if it has specific fields that apply, like a "showOnHomepage" true/false checkbox)

On the homepage you put a serie of XSLT macro's that look at the pages in the site, and show the latest of a documentype that are allowed to be published on the homepage.

You can also assing additional "true/false" checkboxes to a page's properties, and look for these in an xslt macro that outputs the teasers/banners if they are checked/unchecked (optionally with defaults if nothing is checkend etc...)

The links on the left could be their own document type with only a title and a mediapicker datatype (hidden in the navigation by default), and then use xslt to list them in the left sidebar.

I hope this makes sense.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft