Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• North Krimsly 59 posts 80 karma points
    Sep 18, 2010 @ 05:20
    North Krimsly

Where to place scriptManager

Greetings all,

I need to insert an asp:ScriptManager into my template.  I'm thinking the place to do this is in the master template.  However, when I place the ScriptManager into the master template, I get a fatal runtime error:

"Control 'ContentPlaceHolderDefault_ContactFormScriptManager' of type 'ScriptManager' must be placed inside a form tag with runat=server."

It makes sense that the ScriptManager must be placed into a form tag.  However I'm not sure how the form tag gets rendered by Umbraco, so I'm not sure where I should place the ScriptManager.  I'd appreciate your suggestions on this.

Thanks a lot,

-NorthK

• Rich Green 2246 posts 4008 karma points
    Sep 18, 2010 @ 09:35
    Rich Green

You just need to add the following form tag somewhere above your scriptManager tag

<form runat="server" id="someForm">
      Your script tag anywhere here, probably on the next line

</form> 

If you need the script tag on every page then I would put this in your master template.

Best of luck

Rich 

• North Krimsly 59 posts 80 karma points
    Sep 18, 2010 @ 19:46
    North Krimsly

Oh, Duh...I mistakenly assumed that Umbraco would render a form tag by itself, and that I had to try to fit in my ScriptManager tag in the right spot so it would be inside the rendered form tag...made this a lot more complicated than it is!

Thanks a lot Rich!

-NorthK

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft