Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Matt 10 posts 32 karma points
    Sep 28, 2010 @ 20:01
    Matt

How do I add custom icons and thumbnails?

I've read on some blogs and posts that I need to drop my images into the umbraco/images/umbraco and umbraco/images/thumbnails folders, but this seems like the old way of doing things. My images have the deprecated text beside them. For Umbraco 4.5.2, what is the new method for adding custom icons and thumbnails?

• Kim Andersen 1447 posts 2196 karma points MVP
    Sep 28, 2010 @ 21:24
    Kim Andersen

Hmm...In my installation of v4.5.2, it works just the way it did i v4.0.x - The same way you mention. Placing the icons in the /umbraco/images/umbraco-folder and the thumbnails in the /umbraco/images/thumbnails-folder. But do the images not show in the dropdown on the document types at all?

/Kim A

• Matt 10 posts 32 karma points
    Sep 28, 2010 @ 23:57
    Matt

The images show up, but they have the deprecated text beside them.

I'd like to adhere to some good practices and start using the new method. But I can't find out where the new icons are supposed to go.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Oct 23, 2010 @ 16:13
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Matt

Maybe it's a bug that the added images have the deprecated text beside them? I have been wondering about this myself too. Currently I'm working on some 4.0.x versions of Umbraco where I have added some icons and it also happens in these installs.

So maybe it's actually a minor bug - I'm pretty sure you're doing the right thing and should spend your energy on other stuff :-)

Are you submitting the bug to codeplex.com/umbraco?

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft