Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Sherry Ann Hernandez 320 posts 344 karma points
    Oct 16, 2010 @ 10:33
    Sherry Ann Hernandez

Unable to delete or save templates

I still can't delete a template even if I reset the IIS.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Oct 17, 2010 @ 00:29
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Sherry

I'm asuming you have had another posting in here? Could you please refer to that or just keep the discussion in a single topic. Otherwise it can be a bit hard to help you out. I've just seen this post and I have no clue of the potential history of the issue you're dealing with...

It's a bit more easy to help you out if you can describe what happens when you are trying to delete or save the templates. Do you get any error messages? How do you edit the templates? Are you doing it using the Template section in Umbraco or do you use an external editor like visual studio or something else?

/Jan

• Sherry Ann Hernandez 320 posts 344 karma points
    Oct 17, 2010 @ 07:09
    Sherry Ann Hernandez

I'm sorry about it.

No I have no other posting regarding this issue. Though I saw a similar post but according to their conversation an IIS reset should be enough.

What happened is I created a template using the umbraco backoffice with the name FloraGroup_Home. And then I created a document type with the same name and since I'm on the part where i'm familiarizing myself with umbraco, I checked the option that will automatically create a template for the document type i'm creating. I thought by checking that option, umbraco will automatically detects a template with the same name and it will automatically associate that macro to my recently created document type.

What happen is it created another template for the document type I created and it has the same name with the template. That's why I'm trying to delete the other one because of the duplicate name. When I click the delete option, the label just display the word "deleting" but nothing happens. It didn't delete the duplicate template.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Oct 17, 2010 @ 10:59
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Shery

Ok, now we're getting somewhere :-)

Which version of Umbraco are you using? I have just tried to recreate the scenario on a 4.0.3 installation where I also get the error message saving one of the templates when there are two templates with the same name. However I could easily delete one of them so that I can save the other one. It went very smooth.

Therefore I'm thinking that you might need to get rid of the duplicate template by accessing the database.

In the old forum you should checkout the 15th entry in this discussion: http://forum.umbraco.org/yaf_postst8029_Template-not-saved-Please-make-sure-that-you-do-not-have-2-templates-with-the-same-alias.aspx

Here JonWebb explains the steps one needs to do to delete the extra template in the database. This of course requires that you have access to the database.

Hope this helps.

/Jan

• Marcel du Crocq 18 posts 38 karma points
    Sep 11, 2012 @ 16:46
    Marcel du Crocq

Hi,

I am an Umbraco student...but I have the same problem....I use 4.7.2 and have the same problem,

but don't know how to get in the Database and tables????

Please can somebody help me step by step????

Use the E-mail adress to send the solution.

Regards,

Marcel

[email protected]

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft