Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Lister 32 posts 52 karma points
    Oct 19, 2010 @ 07:14
    Lister

Question on a title tag with the Umbraco Blog Package?

<abbr class="published" title="umbraco.library:ShortDate($post/@updateDate">Monday, October 18, 2010</abbr>

For the above code, when the mouse moves over the linked dates, the code is rendered and not the actual date....

Any ideas how to change this?

Thanks!

• Dirk De Grave 4541 posts 6021 karma points MVP 3x admin c-trib
    Oct 19, 2010 @ 09:13
    Dirk De Grave

Probably because you're missing the closing ')'.

<abbr class="published" title="umbraco.library:ShortDate($post/@updateDate)">Monday, October 18, 2010</abbr>

Cheers,

/Dirk

• Dennis Mnuskin 7 posts 28 karma points
    Oct 19, 2010 @ 09:36
    Dennis Mnuskin

Funny thing... I was just playing with newly installed Umbraco and noticed the same little quirk.  Then came across this post.

You (personally) are not missing anything, however there's a typo in BlogListPosts.xslt file.  As Dirk mentioned, it is missing a closing ')', but because it's a function in XSLT and not just text, it also needs to be inside curly brackets.  Look for <xsl:template name="showpost"> in BlogListPost.xslt and under it for <div class="entry-date">.  Change the next line to be: <abbr class="published" title="{umbraco.library:ShortDate($post/@updateDate)}">.

This should make it work as designed.... although the design might be a little questionable as "abbreviated text" ends up being longer than "full" text.

• Dirk De Grave 4541 posts 6021 karma points MVP 3x admin c-trib
    Oct 19, 2010 @ 09:39
    Dirk De Grave

Ha, thanks. I have indeed forgotten (or didn't noticed) that you also need the curly braces so xslt can understand this as a function rather than text.

Cheers,

/Dirk

• Lister 32 posts 52 karma points
    Oct 19, 2010 @ 16:55
    Lister

Great! Thanks for the amazing reply and I had the added bonus of editing my first ever XLST file thanks to your helpful advice!

Worked great.

Best, Lister

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft