Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Brendan Rice 538 posts 1101 karma points
    Oct 27, 2010 @ 21:37
    Brendan Rice

Is it possible to move a documenttype?

I have built quite a large update to a clients site with numerous extra data types and content pages.  I created a package that takes in everything I need bar parent document types (just the children).

When I loaded the package the document types are loaded at the root level and all the pages are associated with them.  I now need to move the document types under the appropriate parent document type, is this possible and if so what is the best way to go about it?

Thanks in advance...

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Oct 27, 2010 @ 22:36
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Brendan

At the moment you are not able to place document types under each other once they have been created.

A workaround could be to copy the document type and in the dialogue choose a master document type - the downside however is that you need to delete the original document type afterwards. But you should also be aware if the properties of the master document type is just set as generic properties. If I remember correctly there was an issue with this once. So I would probably play around with it on a local installation first to make sure nothing breaks.

Another option could be to modify the package XML to make sure your master document types are sorted before those that should be it's children.

Hope that this makes sense.

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft