Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Dan 1285 posts 3917 karma points c-trib
    Oct 29, 2010 @ 15:33
    Dan

Localisation of month name

Hi,

I have a datepicker datatype which I've formatted in XSLT to output dates on the website in the format '29 October 2010' for example.  However, the website is exclusively French, so I need the date to be output in French.

I'm pretty sure it's something to do with setting globalisation in the web.config file, but I can't find any simple guides on what to do.

Does anyone know how to set this?

Thanks all!

• Lee Kelleher 4020 posts 15802 karma points MVP 13x admin c-trib
    Oct 29, 2010 @ 16:43
    Lee Kelleher

Hey Dan,

Take a look at the <globalization> section of your Web.config:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hy4kkhe0(VS.71).aspx

I can't remember which one it is, but its either "culture" or "uiCulture" that sets it.  Although, with that said, I'm not sure Umbraco switches the locale based on the associated domain/language ... you might want to check the "Manage Hostnames" for the root node of the website?

Good luck!

Cheers, Lee.

• Dan 1285 posts 3917 karma points c-trib
    Oct 29, 2010 @ 17:01
    Dan

Hello sir.  I'm not sure how to deal with the hostname stuff as it's only on a temporary URL at the moment, but you've given me all the pointers, so thanks very much. I'm going to set the web.config stuff first then move onto Umbraco hostname settings if no joy.

This is my first multi-language site, and I'm absolutely loving Umbraco for it!  Using dictionary items to set document type property names and tab names in different languages is absolute magic.

Thanks Lee!

• Steen Tøttrup 191 posts 291 karma points c-trib
    Oct 29, 2010 @ 17:31
    Steen Tøttrup

Well, actually if you select "manage hostnames" in the content tree, and put on a correct language (you "create" languages in the Settings area), it should work. You can always add/change/delete the hostname, just create the right language and select thr proper region/culture.

regards,

Steen

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft