Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• David W. 159 posts 284 karma points c-trib
    Dec 08, 2010 @ 11:11
    David W.

Removing "Allowed child node types"

Hello.

I have added a blog (blog4umbraco) on a site but do not want editors to be able to add new childitems of type Blog to the site. Can I safely remove "Blog" from the "Allowed Child node types" under my Startpage-documenttype - without umbraco deleting the allready existing blog?

/D

• John C Scott 473 posts 1183 karma points
    Dec 08, 2010 @ 11:36
    John C Scott

Yes definitely.

• David W. 159 posts 284 karma points c-trib
    Dec 08, 2010 @ 11:51
    David W.

Ok. Obviously quite easy to investigate on my own, but am not in a postion to test before I execute.

Thanks.

• John C Scott 473 posts 1183 karma points
    Dec 08, 2010 @ 11:57
    John C Scott

No it's a fair question. 

It's something I use all the time. It's really handy to add a sub-document type but then to be able to take that away.

Totally reasonable to be paranoid too.

I've always said that the difference between amateurs and professionals in IT is backups, but I guess that extends to recovery plans too :)

Just thought a short clear emphatic answer was the best :D

Plus it it took me finally to my 70 karma too! So I have kept my promise and immediately gone and voted up imagegen and xsltsearch the first moment I could. Maybe the rush to do this made my answer shorter as well :-$

Obviously though removing a document type does break the documents of that type [done that in a critical situation oooops but there were backups! ] but just removing it from the structure just means further documents of that type cannot be added below that document type.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft