Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Kasper Dyrvig 246 posts 379 karma points
    Jan 20, 2011 @ 08:33
    Kasper Dyrvig

Umbraco 4.6 crashes when adding a property to a tab inherited from Master

Hi,

I'm working on a new website in Umbraco 4.6 (Juno). It has the cool feature of inheriting properties from the Master document type. BUT when I add a property to my Textpage document type (I add "Top image" to the "Content" tab) my frontpage crahes in Umbraco. Not the pages that are using the document type, but the frontpage...

Anyone who has a solution for this? Thanks...

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Jan 20, 2011 @ 09:02
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Webspas

I think this is a bug, which has been resolved with 4.6.1 so I urge you to upgrade your installation.

Hope this helps.

/Jan

Jan 20, 2011 @ 09:21
    Kasper Dyrvig

Thank you Jan.

I hope so to. I will try to do this and I'll let you know if it works - or not. :-)

Thanks again.

Jan 20, 2011 @ 09:23
    Kasper Dyrvig

Actually I have made a little modification in how I setup my page, so I don't really need to inherit something at the time... So I may just keep it as it is for now.

• Daniel Bardi 927 posts 2562 karma points
    Jan 24, 2011 @ 08:38
    Daniel Bardi

I have 4.6.1 and still have this problem.

If one doctype has a control on an inherited tab, then only that doctype works.

If 2 or more doctypes use inherited tabs, then all nodes crash with following error.

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
       umbraco.controls.ContentControl.addControlNew(Property p, TabPage tp, String Caption) +257
       umbraco.controls.ContentControl.CreateChildControls() +938
       System.Web.UI.Control.EnsureChildControls() +102
       umbraco.controls.ContentControl.OnInit(EventArgs e) +92
       System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) +140
       System.Web.UI.Control.AddedControl(Control control, Int32 index) +197
       System.Web.UI.ControlCollection.Add(Control child) +79
       umbraco.cms.presentation.editContent.OnInit(EventArgs e) +1459
       System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) +140
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +480

• Will Sanders 19 posts 39 karma points
    Feb 01, 2011 @ 21:44
    Will Sanders

I am having the exact same problem as Daniel on 4.6.1. Does anyone know what the cause is our a workaround? 

Feb 01, 2011 @ 22:04
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Will

Unfortunately I don't know of any workaround for this I have just checked codeplex to see if there has been created a work item for this issue but I have not been able to find one. Since I have not played around enought with 4.6.1 yet I'm not sure how to reproduce this...

So would you perhaps add this possible bug to codeplex so the core team can be noticed about this? Please post the work item in here for future rerence to others who experience this issue.

Cheers.

/Jan

Feb 01, 2011 @ 22:37
    Will Sanders

Looking through the logs, there is another error just above the one I'm seeing in the CMS 

Error adding stylesheet to tinymce (id: 1049). 
    System.ArgumentException: No node exists with id '1049'     
    at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.CMSNode.setupNode()    
     at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.web.StyleSheet..ctor(Int32 id)     
    at umbraco.editorControls.tinyMCE3.TinyMCE..ctor(IData Data, String Configuration)

So possibly the two are related? 1049 was originally my Home Page, but I deleted it and recreated a new one.

Feb 01, 2011 @ 23:16
  • Giorgos Grispos 145 posts 179 karma points
    Feb 18, 2011 @ 14:40
    Giorgos Grispos

Hi,

I also voted for that. That happens when you add a new property within a tab from the master document type.

Cheers, Giorgos

Feb 18, 2011 @ 19:19
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi guys

If it's an option for you it's possible to get this fixed by installing the nightly build.

Just copy over these folders and you should get rid of the problem - I've done it with succes on a minor install earlier this week.

/bin
    /install
    /umbraco
    /umbraco_client

/Jan

• tomb 1 post 21 karma points
    Mar 02, 2011 @ 08:47
    tomb

As Jan recommends, installing a nightly did fix the problem but introduced new ones:

Parser Error Message: This method cannot be called during the application's pre-start initialization stage.

This is a MV3 upgrade issues, add these two keys to your web.config and all will work again.

<add key="enableSimpleMembership" value="false"/>

<add key="autoFormsAuthentication" value="false"/>

Source: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4626647/asp-net-this-method-cannot-be-called-during-the-applications-pre-start-initiali

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft