Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• kukuwka 75 posts 96 karma points
    Feb 20, 2011 @ 12:51
    kukuwka

Allow access only to 'Dictionary' in 'Settings'

Hi,

I want to create a new user with 'Settings' permissions, but to allow access only to Dictionary and to hide access to everything else(Docyment Type,Stylesheets and etc.).

Can I do it?

Thanks,

kukuwka

• kows 81 posts 151 karma points c-trib
    Feb 20, 2011 @ 13:39
    kows

what i would try is make a new custom section and try to add dictionary in there, setting the rights for that section.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Feb 20, 2011 @ 14:18
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi kows

Could you explain in further detail how the user rights are managed for a custom section?

Because if it's possible to set user permissions for custom sections out of the box this is indeed the workaround since it's unfortunately not possible to limit acces to folders in the different sections at the moment.

/Jan

• kows 81 posts 151 karma points c-trib
    Feb 20, 2011 @ 14:34
    kows

if you go to a user the bottom options allow you to set which sections a user may see,

if you add a custom section it appears between those

Feb 21, 2011 @ 10:45
    kukuwka

Hi kows,

How can I add  a custom section ?

Thanks,

kukuwka

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Feb 21, 2011 @ 10:47
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi kukuwa

I think this blogpost is a good starting point. It covers what you need to know I think http://www.geckonewmedia.com/blog/2009/8/3/how-to-create-a-custom-section-in-umbraco-4

/Jan

Feb 21, 2011 @ 12:13
    kukuwka

• Comment author was deleted

May 22, 2013 @ 14:58

FYI, we tried kows's idea, but only users with 'settings' access can view the dictionary item editor.  There seems to be some sort of hard-coded requirement.

If an 'editor' logs in (without settings access), the custom tree throws an 'access denied' error.  Only way to get past this seems to be allowing them access to 'settings' which defeats the purpose.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft