Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Al 4 posts 24 karma points
    Feb 22, 2011 @ 16:01
    Al

Templates save only in the afternoon :-?

Hi,

I'm new with Umbraco but have some experience with IIS and ASP.NET. I installed Umbraco correctly and everything seems to work, without one strange thing:

I created a new template called homepage2. I altered this with, just for fun, with adding some text. I click the SAVE button and get feedback that this one has been saved without any errors.

Now, I click another tempate and then back to this and, ... , it is back in it's original state. OK, went to lunch. When I came back, I opened again, logged in and saw my page altered as I did.

Now tell me: Is that OK that I have to edit in the morning and see the results later in the afternoon?

But now some technical details: Umbraco 4.5, ASP.NET 4.0, SQL Server 2008, Windows Server 2003 Datacenter Edition (Private Virtual Server under Virtuozzo).

Thanks for investigation help in this x-file.

• Kim Andersen 1447 posts 2196 karma points MVP
    Feb 26, 2011 @ 10:16
    Kim Andersen

Hi Al

Could you try going through the process of editing a template and pressing the save-button again. After you have saved the template, try to open up the .master-file from your file system instead of opening it in Umbraco. Can you see the changes here?

/Kim A

Feb 26, 2011 @ 21:42
    Al

Hi Kim,

Thanks for your reply.

I've really got .master file update immediately after saving. But I got also similar update problems at simple content editing. Leaving and returning to the edited content and the modifications seam to be lost. Coming back much later or opening IE, Chrome, Safari or Firefox on another PC or Iphone and the modifications are there. Therefore I think there must be another cache elsewhere in that system that caches pages for one definate session, but I did not find it. Describing Windows Server 2003, it is a newly installed Virtual Private Server. The only things I changed are installing SQL Server 2008, hmailserver (not used yet) and disabling Plesk.

In the mean time, I tried something else that gave to me a better result. I altered the following line in web.config:<httpRuntime requestValidationMode="2.0" enableKernelOutputCache="false"/> This works lightly better now but does still not make happy.

Al

Feb 26, 2011 @ 22:02
    Al

Cache Found :o)))))

The daemon was an internet cache in my company's web access. This one caches all pages on a local proxy to limit web traffic. The cache time is set to 60 (!) minutes. Thanks to my always reachable colleague, we did solve my problem this evening.

Note, that the enableKernelOutputCache="false" does it's jopb because without this, I still have that problem with the templates described in my initial question.

Al

• Kim Andersen 1447 posts 2196 karma points MVP
    Feb 27, 2011 @ 10:14
    Kim Andersen

Great to hear Al.

It sure did sound like some kind of caching. Although my first thought was caching in the browser. But hey, great that you got things sorted :)

/Kim A

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft