Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Gert Peter Brigsted 30 posts 61 karma points
    Mar 06, 2011 @ 10:51
    Gert Peter Brigsted

Deleted document type

Hi.

I am starting up a new site, so it's still in heavy development. As a result, I'm moving around on templates, document types and so on. Somewhere in the process, I copied the frontpage document type to give it a master document type, and the deleted the original frontpage document type. That made the frontpage node in "Content" say something like "No node with ID 1049".

As I didn't have much content yet, I just deleted the node and started creating the structure again. But now it only shows the old content when i visit the site. Entire Republish doesn't do any good, and all the old content is still there, if I type in the links manually. Also, they're still reachable using the navigation on the frontpage, as it still displays the old content.

What can I do to get out of this hole I have dug myself into? :)

• Kim Andersen 1447 posts 2196 karma points MVP
    Mar 06, 2011 @ 11:09
    Kim Andersen

Hi Gert

So it's the content on the frontend that's shown wrong?

Could you maybe try deleting the umbraco.config file and republish the entire site once more. I know you have already tried republishing the site, but try first deleting the umbraco.donfig file to be absolutely sure that the page is fully reppublished.

Does that make any difference?

/Kim A

• Gert Peter Brigsted 30 posts 61 karma points
    Mar 06, 2011 @ 12:41
    Gert Peter Brigsted

Yes, that made all the difference! :) Thank you, and thank you for the extremely fast answer! :D

• Kim Andersen 1447 posts 2196 karma points MVP
    Mar 06, 2011 @ 13:37
    Kim Andersen

You are welcome Gert!

Have a nice sunday.

/Kim A

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft