Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jeavon Leopold 3073 posts 13630 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Mar 28, 2011 @ 10:34
    Jeavon Leopold

Master template is the same as the current template. It would course an endless loop!

Hi, 

I have a strange one, in debug and trace I am seeing the following twice:

Master template is the same as the current template. It would course an endless loop!

However I have checked the templates and can't understand, the template being used:

<%@ Master Language="C#" MasterPageFile="~/masterpages/MasterPage.master" AutoEventWireup="true" %>

In the MasterPage template:

<%@ Master Language="C#" MasterPageFile="~/umbraco/masterpages/default.master" AutoEventWireup="true" %>

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks very much,

Jeavon

• Daniel Bardi 927 posts 2562 karma points
    Mar 28, 2011 @ 10:49
    Daniel Bardi

How many child templates do you have?

Any template with child templates IS a master tempate as well.. I would check all of them to make sure none are referencing themselves.

A quick way to do this to avoid typos and such is to select the correct master template from the dropdown and save the template.

If the template is referencing itself as the master template, it will most likely be a root template under the Templates node.

Mar 28, 2011 @ 11:12
    Jeavon Leopold

Hi Daniel,

Yes, we have checked each template and can't find anything odd? See below:

Thanks for your help on this.

Jeavon

• Daniel Bardi 927 posts 2562 karma points
    Mar 28, 2011 @ 11:20
    Daniel Bardi

Don't look in the database.. check the actual files int he /masterpages folder

Mar 28, 2011 @ 12:39
    Jeavon Leopold

I checked all the .master files and there are correct, so eventually I narrowed the issue down to a call to a XSLT RenderMacroContent, which seems odd,

<xsl:value-of select="umbraco.library:RenderMacroContent($macro, $currentPage/@id)" disable-output-escaping="yes" />

I have checked in the Macro being rendered and it can successfully access $currentPage and the nodeId has been passed through.

However in this particular case the Macro being rendered doesn't need to use any data from $currentPage, so I changed the RenderMacroContent to:

<xsl:value-of select="umbraco.library:RenderMacroContent($macro, 0)" disable-output-escaping="yes" />

Now no Master template is the same as the current template. It would course an endless loop! Appearing?

• Morten Bock 1867 posts 2140 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Mar 28, 2011 @ 12:44
    Morten Bock

I experience this as well, but it seems that it has no effect on the site. I think it is a false warning written out from umbraco while trying to determine the page requested. So I would just ignore it if your site works as expected.

Mar 28, 2011 @ 13:09
    Jeavon Leopold

Hi Morten,

Glad it's not just this site. I agree it doesn't seem to have any affect, probably just a minor bug somewhere.

Thanks all,

Jeavon

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft