Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Audun Froysaa 4 posts 25 karma points
    Apr 12, 2011 @ 18:46
    Audun Froysaa

Choose Document Type empty

Hello.

I have searched google and this forum without any answers that are newer than  4 years. I installed umbraco with the help from Windows Webplatform installer. I then chose the starter-kit "Business site".

If i right click on business site -> News and create i cant choose a document type. If i create a new folder on the root called news with the document type "News Area" i still cant create any subpages.

Ok, i deleted all the content and started again. Created a folder called "Norwegian" with the type "Homepage", but i cant create any subpages of that either. The dropdownbox is just empty.

I have tried on Mac OSX Snow Leopard with Safari 5 and Firefox 3.6. And Windows Server 2008 R2 with IE 8. Same result.   

Any ideas to a newbee like me? :-).. Thanks and sorry if this is not the right topic, or if its been asked before.

• Ernst Utvik 123 posts 235 karma points
    Apr 12, 2011 @ 19:13
    Ernst Utvik

Have you checked the allowed child nodetypes of the doctypes? If no doctypes are selected here you wont be able to create child nodes.

Apr 12, 2011 @ 19:23
    Audun Froysaa

What!!! :-).

You are absolutely right... I went into structure on the News area content-type and added news article as child and it works. Is this default behavior that we need to do this even when installing a starting package?

Thanks, and i feel very stupid right now! :-). Thanks Ernst

• Ernst Utvik 123 posts 235 karma points
    Apr 12, 2011 @ 20:37
    Ernst Utvik

No problem Audun:) This is not default behavior, but I have noticed it happening a couple of times when installing packages. This probably means you have to do this for all doctypes that are supposed to have child nodes. Deleting and reinstalling package could work but not sure.

Good luck with your setup. Sure you'll figure things out. And also; please mark previous reply as solution. Keeps a neat forum ;)

Apr 12, 2011 @ 21:37
    Audun Froysaa

Hehe, thanks and will do.

Always difficult with new software with new technology (.net), but it makes learning fun.

Thanks for your help Ernst!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft