Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Brian 6 posts 26 karma points
    Jun 06, 2011 @ 04:20
    Brian

Image Cropper Datatype & multiple instances

The Image Cropper datatype includes an ID of ImageCropper so only one instance can be used per document type. This limitation is causing some issues, I may not be in a good position to fix it however if anyone is interested I could offer a bounty.

• Tony McBeth 8 posts 29 karma points
    Jun 14, 2011 @ 10:55
    Tony McBeth

Hi Brian,

I think you may be using the ImageCropper incorrectly. You could try setting up a new Media Type (say 'Croppable Image') and add an ImageCropper property to the new media type.You can then use this new media type in the Media Library and set your 'crops' here. The image can be reference using a Media Picker on your doc types.

Hope this makes sense, let me know if i you need more information

Tony

• Brian 6 posts 26 karma points
    Jun 15, 2011 @ 05:38
    Brian

Hi Tony,

Thanks for the reply.

That does make sense and it does work properly like that, it also works properly using it against an upload data type and that is my primary focus. I read many people using it this way but I suppose it may not be the "standard" use and that may be the rub. My challenge is the fact that the datatype has a static ID so it cannot be called more then once in a single content node of the given document type, basically one crop per content node.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft