Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Dan Wellman 20 posts 40 karma points
    Jun 23, 2011 @ 10:40
    Dan Wellman

Unable to delete templates

I have a couple of templates that are no longer used - pages are not rendered using them and no current Document types have them set as the default or allowed templates.

I asked this question once before: http://our.umbraco.org/forum/using/ui-questions/20028-Remove-old-revisions but the suggestions did not resolve.

When I try to delete the templates from the Templates folder on the Settings tab, I get an error in the bottom-right of the screen stating: "Error handling action. There was an error processing the request."

In the log I get this message: "Couldn't find any page with the nodeId = 1294. This is most likely caused by the page isn't published! Parameter name: nodeId"

None of the other templates reference the two templates I am trying to delete as master templates. Can anyone suggest how I can delete these old templates?

I am using Umbraco 4.7

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15478 karma points MVP admin hq
    Jun 23, 2011 @ 10:45
    Sebastiaan Janssen

As I understand it, the templates might still be in use on old versions that may or may not live in your recycle bin. Have you tried removing all of the old versions and THEN deleted the template?

If that doesn't work, you're probably going to have to dive into the database, make sure to create backups!

• Dan Wellman 20 posts 40 karma points
    Jun 23, 2011 @ 11:46
    Dan Wellman

Thanks Sebastiaan, I did try emptying the recycle bin first, but I still get the issue.

I will take a look in the database and see if I can remove them there :)

Dan

• Marcel du Crocq 18 posts 38 karma points
    Sep 05, 2012 @ 16:43
    Marcel du Crocq

I have the same problem, How do I get into the database?

Marcel

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft