Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Kevin R. Smith 26 posts 48 karma points
    Jul 06, 2011 @ 17:32
    Kevin R. Smith

Adding Full Text Search to existing template

I've been testing the Full Text Search package by Governor Technology. So far, it's exactly what I'm looking for from a functionality perspective, but I need to simply add the search form on every page (as it is part of my design).

The package installed a document type, template and macro. Is there a way to include the search form within my master template? More specifically, can I just include the form and have the results post to a seperate page? Which portion of the package would I need to customize in order to make this happen? Doc Type? XSLT? Macro? Template?

Forgive me if this isn't clear, I'm new to Umbraco...

• Kevin R. Smith 26 posts 48 karma points
    Jul 28, 2011 @ 22:45
    Kevin R. Smith

This little snippet is what I used to add a customized search box on my site.

<form id="site-search" method="get" class="fulltextsearch_form" action="/site-search.aspx">
      <div>
                <input type="image" src="/media/xxx/xyz.png" name="submit" id="submit" value="" />
                <input type="text" name="Search" class="fulltextsearch_searchbox textbox" id="search" value="Site Search" onfocus="if (this.value == 'Site Search') {this.value = '';}" onblur="if (this.value == '') {this.value = 'Site Search';}" />
      </div>
              </form>

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft