Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Cavan Arrowsmith 20 posts 42 karma points
    Jul 29, 2011 @ 10:49
    Cavan Arrowsmith

How do I change the link to document?

Hi there,

I've created two different templates that look different but hold the same content. I'm new to Umbraco so used the Web installer and installed Umbraco to the root of /inetpub/wwwroot.

I have a problem as the templates have the same page names and I can't see how to change the link to document property:

www.Template1/about_us

www.Template2/about_us

How can I have both of these templates on Umbraco but without changing one of the template's about_us title?

I hope this makes sense?

• Dirk De Grave 4541 posts 6021 karma points MVP 3x admin c-trib
    Jul 29, 2011 @ 11:35
    Dirk De Grave

Cavan,

I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to do. Can you elaborate on this? Don't understand your www.templateX/about_us structure?

Looking forward to your info.

Cheers,

/Dirk

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5053 posts 15508 karma points MVP admin hq
    Jul 29, 2011 @ 11:55
    Sebastiaan Janssen

You could render one of them using the altTemplate querystring if you want. So if you have two templates called AboutUs and AnotherAboutUs then you can go to www.Template1/about_us and have is show with the normal AboutUs template, but if you go to  www.Template1/about_us?altTemplate=AnotherAboutUs then you get the same page with this other template. I believe you could also do that by going to www.Template1/about_us/AnotherAboutUs but you'd have to test that, I'm not sure.

• Cavan Arrowsmith 20 posts 42 karma points
    Aug 16, 2011 @ 15:09
    Cavan Arrowsmith

Thanks for your replies, but it seems that there was actually a ForeignKey issue in the database when I migrated it over.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft