Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Dan Okkels Brendstrup 101 posts 197 karma points
    Aug 25, 2011 @ 14:46
    Dan Okkels Brendstrup

umbracoUrlAlias not inherited by child nodes?

If I have the following structure:

- Home
    -- Section [umbracoUrlAlias="area"]
    ---- Child

...then "Section" is available at /home/section/ as well as /home/area/. Shouldn't "Child" then be available at both /home/section/child/ as well as /home/area/child/?

It was my understanding that umbracoUrlAlias would work this way, but I get a 404 error when I load /home/area/child/, so the Child pages don't seem to inherit the alias of their parents. Is this intended behaviour, or am I missing something?

[I am on Umbraco 4.7.0]

• Dirk De Grave 4541 posts 6021 karma points MVP 3x admin c-trib
    Aug 25, 2011 @ 14:53
    Dirk De Grave

Should be, have you tried republish page and child pages? Otherwise the url won't be refreshed in the cached xml

Hope this helps.

Regards,

/Dirk

• Dan Okkels Brendstrup 101 posts 197 karma points
    Aug 25, 2011 @ 15:42
    Dan Okkels Brendstrup

Dirk, thanks for the quick answer. I have tried to republish (including child pages), but to no avail. When I look in umbraco.config, <Section/> has a child element <umbracoUrlAlias> area </umbracoUrlAlias>, but for all of its "Child" children, that element is empty, because nothing has been manually entered there.

Is that all I should be seeing, or is something missing?

The alias URL also does not show up under Properties > Alternative Links. I thought maybe I'd be able to see/click it there?

• Don Ross 28 posts 49 karma points
    Aug 26, 2011 @ 13:49
    Don Ross

Make sure you have a template associated to the page to be able to see it on the front-end.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft