Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Johan 188 posts 380 karma points
    Sep 21, 2011 @ 15:37
    Johan

Is there a way to structure the files in folders inside the package so that not every single file in the package ends up in the root.

Can i change this:

<file>
    <guid>script.js</guid>
    <orgPath>/js</orgPath>
    <orgName>script.js</orgName>
    </file>

To something like this?:

<file>
    <guid>js/script.js</guid>
    <orgPath>/js</orgPath>
    <orgName>script.js</orgName>
    </file>

I'm pretty sure you can't do it like that since guid is guid and not the path (i guess) but you get what I'm after.

• Lee Kelleher 4020 posts 15802 karma points MVP 13x admin c-trib
    Sep 21, 2011 @ 16:08
    Lee Kelleher

Hi Johan,

The <guid> value is only used to identify a file in the package zip file.

For most of the packages that I collaborate on, we try to automate building the package itself by using MSBuild. Matt B has a good blog post about it.

There is an MSBuild task that will take all the source files and bundle them into the package - all of those file names are convered to proper GUIDs - so there are no filename clashes.

There'll be a little learning curve with package making, but as always, any questions, just ask!

Cheers, Lee.

• Johan 188 posts 380 karma points
    Sep 21, 2011 @ 16:48
    Johan
    The value is only used to identify a file in the package zip file.

Yeah, thought so.

For most of the packages that I collaborate on, we try to automate building 
    the package itself by using MSBuild. Matt B has a good blog post about it.

Feels a bit unorthodox to build a package containing an ANTscript with MSBuild (and i'd like to work on the package from osx). So i think i'm gonna look into doing the same with ANTscript. Matt mention in his post that it has been done with blog for umbraco before so it shouldn't be impossible :).

EDIT: Oops, it was NAnt that was used for "Blog4Umbraco" :/

So, short answer to my question is no?

Thanks for all help Lee, much appreciated!

• Lee Kelleher 4020 posts 15802 karma points MVP 13x admin c-trib
    Sep 21, 2011 @ 16:57
    Lee Kelleher

LOL! Sorry, in answer to your original question... no, the files are placed in the root of the package/zip.

For the NAnt script ... yes, take a look at the original blog4umbraco package, (which Matt linked to).  Main reason I use MSBuild is being on Windows and it plays nicely with Visual Studio solutions/projects.

Cheers, Lee.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft