Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Isis 21 posts 42 karma points
    Sep 22, 2011 @ 13:40
    Isis

Folder child Documents not seen as sub-items

I'm having trouble creating a root page that can display a list of items, and links to sub-pages which are the documents in full, but what I'm finding is that on adding an item to a folder, it isn't seen as a child, here is the evidence:

• I have a "Testimonials" page (folder) (URL is root/testimonials.aspx)
    • I have a testimonial (document) added to the above folder (URL is root/{testimonialTitle})
    Surely, in the above scenaio the URL for the testimonial document should be root/testimonials/{testimonialTitle}, right?
    Furthermore, on writing the XSLT to write out each of the child testimonial documents, I haven't been able to "find" any children with any variation of selector with $currentPage/ (I guess if I tried selecting ALL of these document types from the root then I'd get them, since they seem to be higher up!)
    My current set up it this:
    A DocumentType "TestimonialDocument"
    A DocumentType "TestimonialDocumentList"
    A MasterPage "MasterTestimonial" (Master->MasterHeaded->MasterTestimonial)
    A MasterPage "MasterTestimonialList" (Master->MasterHeaded->MasterTestimonialList)
    The "Structure" of "TestimonialListDocument" allows "TestimonialDocument" types
    I'm using Umbraco version 4. something (not sure exactly which as this project was started a little while ago now, and clicking "Help" in Umbraco doesn't give me access to a version dialog or anything.
    Anyone have any experience with this? Thanks.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft