Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Hans Helms 3 posts 23 karma points
    Nov 07, 2011 @ 23:13
    Hans Helms

MNTP: 'You do not have permission to view this tree' Help needed

Hi All,

Thanks for taking the time to look at this question. I have the following setup: A single CMS that is used by several clients. 

The content tree splits into several subtrees that are assigned to different clients. Generally this work well because most datatypes respect the access right to the different parts of the tree perfectly.

I have however run into a problem with the Multi Node Tree picker. Let me explain schematically.

First here is the content tree:

-Content
      -customer A                      <-- User A's Start Node in Content
        - ArticleCollection
           - Article
           - Article

- customer B                     <-- User B's Start Node in Content
        - ArticleCollection
           - Article
           - Article
        - ReviewCollection <-- pick from here
           - Review
           - Review

- customer C

I am logged in as user B

I am using the Multi Node Tree picker to pick 1 or more Reviews out of the ReviewCollection. I choose to use MNTP with the xpath start node because in theory it directs the user straight to the relevant content items.

The xpath I use to select the items would be: //descendant-or-self::*[name() = 'ReviewCollection']

I have found that this work as long as the content tree for customer A does not also have a ReviewCollecion defined. 

If customer A has review collection defined then the MNTP shows a message 'You do not have permission to view this tree'. 

This also means that in the content tree above User B would never see any items under ArticleCollection, but also the message 'You do not have permission to view this tree'.

It seems to me that what happens here is that the xpath selects a set of ReviewCollection nodes, and when it finds a node that customer B does not have access to it does not continue to search for that nodes that customer B does have access to but it stops and shows an error message.

The questions I have is:

- Am I doing something wrong with the xpath? Is this expected behavior or is it a bug?

- What can i do to fix this?

oh yes: Umbraco version is 4.7.1, uComponents version 2.x and 3

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

regards,

Hans

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft