Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Lee 95 posts 115 karma points
    Nov 08, 2011 @ 17:03
    Lee

Does anybody know how to det Doc2Form from scratch. I have installed it and don't know where to go next.

it doesn't say what to do in the documentation I have found.

Cheers

• Darren Ferguson 1022 posts 3259 karma points MVP c-trib
    Nov 08, 2011 @ 17:21
    Darren Ferguson

Have you looked at Contour? Doc2form isn't nearly as well maintained and supported.

• Gregg Duncan 48 posts 70 karma points
    Jan 26, 2012 @ 22:34
    Gregg Duncan

Contour doesn't work well in Multi-site environments. Doc2Form does. 

We only use the email no save type. I'm not sure about the other types but here's how to get that going. 

Once you've installed Doc2Form:

1. Create a new document type ( uncheck the 'Create Matching Template' checkbox. a template is not required). Create a tab on this document to be used for the form. 
    2. Create properties on this tab that match the fields for your form. (e.g. If you want a field on the form for 'First Name', create a new property with a name like 'First Name' set the alias to something like 'formFirstName' set the 'Type' to the type of field you want on the form - textstring for a text box, textbox multiple for a textarea, etc - and check the 'Mandatory' box if you want this to be a required field on your form. Select the tab you created to hold your form fields. Add a description if you'd like.)
    3.  Insert a macro into any Rich Text Editor. Select the macro 'Doc2Form - email (no save)' and fill in the properties on the wizard that comes up. 
    That's about it. When you run this page the macro will create the form on your page from the tab(s) that you created for the form. When the user submits the form the macro uses the properties set when you added the macro to the RTE to send the email and any auto response emails as well. 
    You can make multi page forms by creating a separate tab for each form page and selecting all the tabs in the 'Tabs to show?' list box in the macro wizard and checking the 'Show Tabs Using Wizard Style?' check box. 
    I know just reading these instructions may not make a lot of sense, but if you follow them I think it will get you there. I haven't tried any of the other macro types in Doc2Form but I doubt they are much different. 
    I hope this helps you get up to speed on it. It took me a while to understand how it's supposed to work as well.
    Good Luck
  • Jeroen Breuer 4908 posts 12265 karma points MVP 4x admin c-trib
    Jan 26, 2012 @ 22:48
    Jeroen Breuer

You can also use user controls for forms. It gives you ultimate control and is very easy to use for Multi-site environments. Try this: http://our.umbraco.org/projects/backoffice-extensions/digibiz-email-form-with-tinymce

Jeroen

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft