Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• James Billingham 5 posts 25 karma points
    Nov 12, 2011 @ 20:12
    James Billingham

Single page portfolio

Heyho, noob here.

I'm really liking Umbraco, but struggling a bit to work out how to make it work for my needs. I've found that I never ever make "normal" websites, so I have no experience of how to do the standard way of doing it tbh.

I'm making a portfolio which contains multiple "pages" but they're all presented in one single HTML page. I want to be able to add more and remove them with Umbraco though, editing them looking as though they're individual HTML pages.

So to try and explain better what I'm aiming at:-

• End users will receive one single page which has multiple "pages" inside it.
    • In the admin panel, I will see multiple individual pages which I can add to or remove from as I wish.
    Any pointers as to how I should go about this?
    Thanks. :)

Nov 12, 2011 @ 20:30
    James Billingham

Warren sensibly suggested that providing some screenshots of what I've got so far would be helpful, so I have included three, as follows:

My document types:

The Home section will also have some featured Portfolio items. Would this be best achieved with a macro and a yes/no flag on each PortfolioItem?

The template I have:

I think I'll end up wanting to have templates for displaying inner "pages".

(Sorry that image is so big...) 

And this is the content I have put in so far:

I'd like to make it so that the child pages aren't actually accessible without being included in the main page, but this isn't particularly important.

• Warren Buckley 2106 posts 4836 karma points MVP ∞ admin hq c-trib
    Nov 12, 2011 @ 22:08
    Warren Buckley

Hi James,
    I think I understand the structure of the page/site you want to build.

Are you intending to load the other sections/pages in with AJAX or will all the content be loaded at once on the one page and the navigation will simply scroll to those sections on the page?

But if you create your sections & child pages under the home node then you will be easily be able to list those child items on the homepage node.
    So with XSLT or Razor you are able to easily list out those nodes.

This is how I would structure the site

Site
    --Home
    -----About
    -----Portfolio
    -----------My Portfolio Item
    -----------My Portfolio Item
    ------Services
    ------Contact 

Hopefully this helps you out.
    Warren :) 

• Eran 292 posts 436 karma points
    Nov 12, 2011 @ 22:29
    Eran

hi james.

before a year i did one page site for one of my client. you can see it live at http://novia.co.il

i attached scrrenshot of the backoffice, so you can see that its possible to treat one page site as "regular" site.

you can see that the site can have "projects". each project can have "project items".

same for the rest of the site entities.

Nov 12, 2011 @ 22:47
    James Billingham

@Warren

It will all be given out together on the one page and the nav will scroll. Not with AJAX.

How would you do that in Razor? Could you provide a very small amount of code to demonstrate briefly?

@Eran:

That looks just like what I'm trying to attempt.

Thank you both very much for your input. It's much appreciated. :)

• Warren Buckley 2106 posts 4836 karma points MVP ∞ admin hq c-trib
    Nov 12, 2011 @ 23:25
    Warren Buckley

Hi James.
    OK to list out any child from the current page you can use this snippet.

@foreach(var page in Model.Children) {
    <h3>@page.name</h3>
    @page.myCustomPropertyAlias

That should give you a starting point, but the Razor tutorials on Umbraco.TV are currently free until the end of this year
    http://umbraco.com/help-and-support/video-tutorials/umbraco-fundamentals/razor-recipes.aspx

Warren 

Nov 12, 2011 @ 23:47
    James Billingham

Aha. Excellent. Thank you very much. :)

• Jatin Gadhiya 11 posts 31 karma points
    Jan 08, 2014 @ 08:45
    Jatin Gadhiya

hello there, I want to create a filterable portfolio/Gallery...can you please help me......???

and i was some try like...(http://www.diplo.co.uk/blog/2011/4/8/creating-a-simple-image-gallery-in-umbraco.aspx)

first of all create Document type(e.g.. Name:-Album) and also create album master page.... second one create XSLT file and added some code... and after added macro and import macro in album master page... and after added some images in media folder.... and after create content... choose the folder... and now display all images proper...

but i want to not display all images...i want to filterable like a portfolio...

thanks in advance..

I hope your reponse....

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft