Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Daniel Blomberg 21 posts 41 karma points
    Dec 19, 2011 @ 16:06
    Daniel Blomberg

templateErrorHeader

Hi everybody!

I have encountered a very weird problem. I can't create or change new templates. When I try I get the following message: [templateErrorHeader][templateErrorText]. 

Please help me!

/Daniel

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Dec 20, 2011 @ 08:23
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Daniel

How are you trying to change the template? Are you doing it from the Umbraco backoffice? Or are you doing it outside of Umbraco?

And what are you trying to change? Could you perhaps post a snippet?

/Jan

Dec 20, 2011 @ 13:00
    Daniel Blomberg

Hi Jan,

I am trying to change my existing templates and ti fill new templates with HTML in the Umbraco backoffice. It is when I do this that the above error message appears. I run the site through webmatrix during my development and I can change the HTML there and then the changes go through to the Umbraco backoffice.

Best, Daniel

Dec 21, 2011 @ 23:01
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Daniel

Hmmm ok, I think you should simply just keep editing the templaes in webmatrix instead of in the backoffice then...but must admit I'm not sure why the error is happening when you edit the masterpage in the umbraco backoffice. Probably something with the DB being confused somehow...

Do you have any particular reson for editing from the Umbraco backoffice?

/Jan

Jan 02, 2012 @ 16:34
    Daniel Blomberg

Hi again,

that was just the way I had learned it via the CWS-tutorial. But I can live with that it doesn't work.

Have a nice day!

/ Daniel

Jan 02, 2012 @ 17:06
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Daniel

Usually it does work and is possible to edit templates inside Umbraco. But in some situations it can play one some tricks and that's obviously what is the case here but I'm not sure why it does that.

So all I'm saying is that if you want to stay out of trouble just keep editing the files outside of Umbraco :-)

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft