Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Paul Kaplan 86 posts 139 karma points
    Jan 11, 2012 @ 21:18
    Paul Kaplan

Help with Embedded Content package

I have Embedded Content mostly working, except when I go to publish and preview after I've saved data, I see nothing but an empty <ul/> which is definitely part of my XSLT.

I can add content on the content page, the XSLT looks good, etc.  There are no errors reported.  But when I publish and preview, the empty <ul> tag leads me to believe there was no data.  I have double checked all the names, etc. but of course I could have missed something.

Any help on troubleshooting this?  According to FarmCode, the data is stored as XML in the database.  Any idea which DB table or tables this is stored in?  That way I could at least see if it's being stored.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jan 12, 2012 @ 08:15
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Paul

What does your XSLT look like?

/Jan

• Dirk De Grave 4541 posts 6021 karma points MVP 3x admin c-trib
    Jan 12, 2012 @ 09:10
    Dirk De Grave

Paul,

I'm pretty sure the xml is also stored in the umbraco.config which holds all published xml. I'd have a look at that xml and see if everything's in there.

Cheers,

/Dirk

• Paul Kaplan 86 posts 139 karma points
    Jan 12, 2012 @ 14:50
    Paul Kaplan

Hey all, thanks for the replies.

I'm abandoning this strategy, since I finally got things sorted in the other thread I started "Help creating a repeatable set of fields".

I'm sure with a little more work we could have gotten it going, but the other approach will do what we need.

Thanks.

-- Paul

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft