Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Marc Birkett 3 posts 23 karma points
    Jan 17, 2012 @ 18:22
    Marc Birkett

Creating a new skin - "Index was outside the bounds of the array."

Hi,

I am having a problem creating a skin. I have created a package under masterpages with css, scripts etc in, and when I use it, i can get the page without the styles fine. However as soon as the css files are available I get the error below....I think it is something to do with having to put a GUID App_Data/packages/installed/installedPackage.config but I don't know where to get the correct GUID from.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

Marc

Index was outside the bounds of the array.
    Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.]

umbraco.presentation.LiveEditing.Modules.SkinModule.SkinCustomizer.LoadSkins() +1066
    umbraco.presentation.LiveEditing.Modules.SkinModule.SkinCustomizer.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +272
    System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +14
    System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +35
    System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +91
    System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +74

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Jan 17, 2012 @ 19:03
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Marc

Are you trying to create a package based on an existing Umbraco installation? Is that correctly understood? And if so are you using the "create package" option in the developer section or what are the exact steps you have taken that results in the error above?

/Jan

Jan 18, 2012 @ 10:14
    Marc Birkett

Hi Jan, 

Thanks for your reply. I am attempting to follow the skinning PDF at http://www.codeplex.com/Download?ProjectName=umbraco&DownloadId=233534.

I am not trying to create a package - so far I have my skin in a folder in /masterpages and overwritten some of the .master files, so:

/masterpages/myskin/css 

/masterpages/myskin/images

/masterpages/myskin/scripts

/masterpages/myskin/skin.xml

/masterpages/myskin/umbBusinessHomepage.master

/masterpages/myskin/umbMaster.master 

I can install this as a local skin and it uses my umbMaster.master and looks for /masterpages/css - which doesn't exist. If i copy my css up a level to /masterpages/css the error above is thrown. My css links are:

<link href="/css/MySkin_layout.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
      <link href="/css/MySkin_design.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />

Jan 18, 2012 @ 11:26
    Marc Birkett

By using AddStyleSheetToTemplate in the skin.xml I have managed to link the page to the css under masterpages - ideally i would like the skin to copy the css to /css and the same with the images and scripts. Can it do that?

<Task type="AddStyleSheetToTemplate">
    <TargetFile>umbMaster.master</TargetFile>
      <Value>/masterpages/MySkin/css/MySkin_layout.css</Value>
    <Media>Screen</Media>
    </Task>

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft