Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Mike 10 posts 30 karma points
    Feb 21, 2012 @ 16:53
    Mike

content + placeholder issue

Hi, I hope someone can help me out here.

Okay my Umbraco project is very basic, the templates are in this structure.

MyMaster

- Footer

- Content

Within both the footer and content the code is essentially this, excluding a few html lines which are well formed.

<%@ Master Language="C#" MasterPageFile="~/masterpages/MyMaster.master" AutoEventWireup="true" %>

<asp:Content ContentPlaceHolderID="cpFooter" runat="server">

<ul class="SocialNetwork">
        <li><class="Twitter" href="#"><span class="hidden">Follow us on Twitter</span></a></li>
        <li><class="Facebook" href="#"><span class="hidden">Join our FaceBook</span></a></li>
    </ul>    

</asp:Content>

Then in the master there's a placeholder within the html in order to show both of these in the form of:

<asp:ContentPlaceHolder Id="cpFooter" runat="server" />

The page displays, but nothing shows from within my content place holders which I'm at a loss for. The umbraco settings 'useAspMasterPages' is set to true. It's a vista machine, running Umbraco 4.7.1.1 and IIS 7.

If I'm missing something please let me know. Really could use some help with this.

Cheers

• dominik 711 posts 733 karma points
    Feb 21, 2012 @ 16:56
    dominik

perhaps of css class "hidden"? Have you tried to remove this <span class="hidden">?

Regards

Dominik

• Mike 10 posts 30 karma points
    Feb 21, 2012 @ 17:04
    Mike

Nah, there is no sign what so ever of it within the source on the displayed webpage, it's just blank where the asp place holders are supposed to be pulling in the content.

The content doesn't have anything like that just the footer. I've tried removing it from the footer as well just be 100% sure.

Thanks though.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft