Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• David Loosley 13 posts 33 karma points
    Feb 21, 2012 @ 19:00
    David Loosley

onload call disappearing from <body> tag

Has anyone come across a problem where they lose the attributes within the body tag?

It has happened on several occasions where the following entry in my master template:

<body onload="displayTime('fr')">

resets back to:

<body>

I thought it might be something to do with me editing the template using VS2010 but I'm unable to reproduce the problem.

TIA

David

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Feb 21, 2012 @ 19:34
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi David

Hmm I have never seen such an issue - an you're 100% positive that you remembered to save the file? Or that it was not overwritten by someone else somehow? And does this problem still persist?

/Jan

Feb 22, 2012 @ 08:29
    David Loosley

Hello Jan,

The first time it happened (Friday) I made the changes in VS2010, and the Body tag would revert back to normal. But when I look at the template in Umbraco it would show the change correctly. You could see VS2010 was saving the change <Body onload="displayTime('fr')"> but after the change the tag changed back to <Body> (very very weird)

Yesterday (Monday) the javascript disappeared again but I cannot reproduce the same problem - Maybe it was a glitch and it is not a problem now but I thought I'd just see if anyone else has had the same issue or similar.

Regards

David

• Michael Latouche 504 posts 819 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    Feb 22, 2012 @ 10:06
    Michael Latouche

Hi David,

Could it be that you have a pre-build or post-build action in your VS2010 project that would overwrite your change with an old file at compile time?

Cheers,

Michael.

Feb 23, 2012 @ 14:27
    David Loosley

Thanks Michael for the reply.

Its definately nothing to do with pre or post-build actions.

Regards

David

• Devin Bost 37 posts 78 karma points c-trib
    Mar 15, 2014 @ 02:34
    Devin Bost

I am experiencing a similar problem. I have posted that item here: Still waiting for resolution

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft