Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Fourfinger 24 posts 44 karma points
    Feb 27, 2012 @ 16:27
    Fourfinger

Unknown character in CSS stylesheet, doing something.

Hello,

I'm snooping around, and tinkering with Umbraco (still), and I'm changing few things in the CSS stylesheet that comes with Simple Site Friendly ghost template.

Now I've came across this weird part in the stylesheet. There is an 'f' character standing there, and when I delete it, it changes some things on the alignment of my div's.

Here is the snippet:

/* -- TOP --*/
    #top {}f
    #topInner { background:Pink;height:60px; margin:0 auto; width:960px; }
    #top h1 { background:#FFFFFF; font-size:30px; font-weight:bold; text-transform: lowercase; letter-spacing:-2px; padding:0 0 0 35px; -moz-text-shadow:1px 1px 1px rgba(0,0,0,0.25); -o-text-shadow:1px 1px 1px rgba(0,0,0,0.25); -webkit-text-shadow:1px 1px 1px rgba(0,0,0,0.25); text-shadow:1px 1px 1px rgba(0,0,0,0.25); }
    #top h1 a { color:#000; text-decoration:none; }
    #top h1 a:hover {}
    #top h2 { font-weight:normal; font-size: 12px; margin:0 0 30px 35px; text-transform: lowercase;}

Could anyone inform me on how this works? Does it trigger some sort of a function? Or..?

Thanks anyway!

Christophe,

• Rodion Novoselov 694 posts 859 karma points
    Feb 27, 2012 @ 16:41
    Rodion Novoselov

Hi, I'm not sure but it looks like some sort of a "CSS hack".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CSS_filter

• Seth Niemuth 275 posts 397 karma points
    Feb 27, 2012 @ 17:02
    Seth Niemuth

I have never seen CSS like that. It may look your other div's look different when you take it out because it doesn't apply the stylesheet items after that '{}f' because it isn't parsing correctly but then when you do take it out, it applies the items as it should. You can use firebug to see what is getting applied to your elements: http://getfirebug.com/

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft