Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Rajeev 126 posts 154 karma points
    Mar 19, 2012 @ 15:15
    Rajeev

Moving content across different websites

I have multiple websites(different site instances on different servers) with Identical document types few nodes.

I need to move the child content nodes of a specific node from one website(site1) to another website(site2).

I have the parent ode with same id for both sites. Which is the best way to achieve this?

Will packaging help?

Do node IDs have any relevance in importing/package install or will a new id be created?

There may be node ids of child nodes(Site1) already existing for some other content nodes of Site2?

Appreciate your inputs.

-Rajeev

• Mike Chambers 635 posts 1252 karma points c-trib
    Mar 19, 2012 @ 15:20
    Mike Chambers

You could create a package with the content that you require and import it into your new site. The packaging mechanism doesn't respect Id's so you won't have collisions. I believe it will just add to the the root of your new site, so you'll just have to move into the correct place..

Another option is to use webservices to actually fetch the data from one site into the other... keeping the data solely in one place and having instant synchronisation between the two sites... not sure if the extra legwork required is justified for your purposes.

http://www.richardsoeteman.net/ is another resource for excellent import/export in umbraco.

• Rajeev 126 posts 154 karma points
    Mar 20, 2012 @ 03:23
    Rajeev

Thank you Mike for your inputs. In my case, synchronization is not required not now.

I will go with the packaging for now.

Thanks,

Rajeev

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft