Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Rocoeh 65 posts 86 karma points
    Mar 21, 2012 @ 10:56
    Rocoeh

Suckerfish style dropdown menu

Hi,

Is there a module or bit of razor script or a tutorial  that wil help me generates a suckerfish style drop down in Umbraco. Suppose just the bones of it will do, generating the 2 levels and I can do the css and js bit for ie.

This must be a fairly well trodden path.

• Tim 1193 posts 2675 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    Mar 21, 2012 @ 17:42
    Tim

I don't think that there's one that anyone has made as a standard module (probably because you can call field names what you like in umbraco, so no two installations are the same). I've made sites with menus like that before though, just use either razor or XSLT to render out a nested UL of links, and then use JQuery/CSS/Whatever menu script you like to wire in the fancy dropdown menu.

There should be an example Razor script in Umbraco for rendering nested navigation though, I'm pretty sure there's one built in. There's a multi-level navigation XSLT script that just renders the site navigation as ULs here: http://our.umbraco.org/projects/website-utilities/cogworks-flexible-navigation

Hope that helps!

:)

• Kyle Skrinak 272 posts 327 karma points
    Jul 29, 2012 @ 14:26
    Kyle Skrinak

Tim,

Yes, "rolling your own" is do-able, but for those less technical, it's always nice when a package encapsulates providing such capability, such as WordPress and Drupal both have suckerfish plugins/modules. Additionally, packages would facilitate "moving forward" with the libraries they encapsulate, i.e., keeping with the latest version of a library means updating your umbraco package, a feature I miss from my WP/Drupal installations.

Is there way to advocate for package ideas for umbraco so that those of us without the .NET skills to do so can at least cheer on the packages we'd like to see?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft