This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Marshall Bell 19 posts 59 karma points
    Jul 21, 2009 @ 22:19
    Marshall Bell

Media Picker & Templates

Hello,

I'm using Umbraco 4. 

Two questions -

1) I have a doc type that has one field defined as a media picker (image) and I'm trying to incorporate the image in with my template.  I've seen a few posts about this using xslt and a few notes about that the xslt approach was pre-Umbraco 4 but now there is a new and better way but no one mentions what the better way is.  So my question is, what's the better way?

2) Is there a quick way to upload images into Umbraco?  It's killing me to do it one at a time when I have hundreds of images.  I didn't count but it's something like 10 clicks plus typing just to create and upload a single image.

Thanks!

Marshall

• Chris Houston 535 posts 980 karma points MVP admin c-trib
    Jul 22, 2009 @ 01:37
    Chris Houston

Hi Marshall,

Have a look at the following old forum post for a shockwave based multiple file uploader that was developed at CG08

http://forum.umbraco.org/yaf_postst5842_Mass-Media-Upload.aspx

Also check the following forum post for a comment about a possible bug in Umbraco 4.0.2.1 that you might need to fix in your install.

http://forum.umbraco.org/yaf_postst9878_Multiple-file-upload-for-Umbraco-v401.aspx

Cheers,

Chris

• Amar 11 posts 41 karma points
    Jul 22, 2009 @ 09:37
    Amar

subject : how to insert .swf file to umbraco template.

[color=blue]Hi Friends,

Thanks in advance.

I am very new to umbraco. I have just started doing few things.
    I have one requirement where I need to show flash animation on page.

I have one .swf file which i need to display on the page.
    Please tell me step by step process in detail.

I seen few answers on the forum, but they are in too much details and I could not able to get anything out of that.
    If any video tutorial is available please share the link.

Hoping the realiest response.[/color]

• Marshall Bell 19 posts 59 karma points
    Jul 22, 2009 @ 22:44
    Marshall Bell

Thanks Chris!

Any insights into #1...

1) I have a doc type that has one field defined as a media picker (image) and I'm trying to incorporate the image in with my template.  I've seen a few posts about this using xslt and a few notes about that the xslt approach was pre-Umbraco 4 but now there is a new and better way but no one mentions what the better way is.  So my question is, what's the better way?

Thanks again,

Marshall

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft