Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Nick Beaugié 28 posts 80 karma points
    Apr 22, 2012 @ 17:31
    Nick BeaugiƩ

"Book Page" document type loses its template.

I've installed Umbraco v5.0.1000.42 and am having a play around with it. I'm working completely locally.

I installed the "Book Club" example application.

When I created a new book, it displays correctly listed on the "Books" page. However when trying to view the individual book, I got the following errror:

Oops, template not found

This is the default Umbraco view that is displayed when it couldn't find the template for your content, but don't panic, here's what to do:

What can you do?

• Make sure your document type ('Book Page') has one or more template assigned to it.
    • Make sure your content has a template selected in the template dropdown, and then publish the page.

Node properties

• Name: Bolivia
    • Id: content$empty_root$$_p__nhibernate$_v__guid$_e96278283d524e72825da03b00f3fce7
    • Node Type: Book Page
    • Create Date: 22/04/2012 13:48:19 +00:00

Now, when I examined the Book Page Document type, I looked on the Composition tab and saw that there were no Allowed Templates checked.

I ticked "Book Page". The Default Template then also changed to Book Page. Then I saved the Document type.

I had to then edit my new Book object to have the Book Page selected templete. Then, my page showed correctly.

So, I've solved my problem. However, I have some nagging doubts:

1. Why did the association between the Book Page template and document type go missing? (I did not check on installation).
    2. Why did the existing books display correctly, despite the document type not having any templates and (when I observed) the book object itself not having a Selected Template?
    It's shaken my confidence a bit in Umbraco 5.
    Nick

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft