Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• adrianfriend 67 posts 68 karma points
    Jul 24, 2009 @ 14:11
    adrianfriend

Master template is the same as the current template?

Hi,

On one template I am getting the above error. The pages are blank and if I do a ?umbDebugShowTrace=true this error appears. The hierarchy of the site is

Home > Products > Category > Range > Product

Every template works perfectly apart from the Product template which causes the error. I have tried everything to get round this but cant find a solution. Does anybody have any ideas of how to trace this error?

Adrian

• Thomas Höhler 1237 posts 1709 karma points MVP
    Jul 24, 2009 @ 14:29
    Thomas Höhler

Just look at the first lines of the master templates if they are linking to the correct code behind files etc.

Or just recreate the last template and republish the products with the new template.

Also have a look at the event viewer of the server. sometimes there are better error messages in there

hth, Thomas

• anthony hall 222 posts 536 karma points
    Jul 24, 2009 @ 14:33
    anthony hall

when you look on the content tree > products > properties. What template is defined?

• adrianfriend 67 posts 68 karma points
    Jul 24, 2009 @ 14:58
    adrianfriend

I created a test template and applied to one product - everything worked. Reapplied the Product template and re-published - it now works. But setting the default template then re-publishing at the Products level i.e. Publish everything under it does not work.

Update : It may of been a delay in caching as now I have just gone in and everything works again!

Thanks for your replies anyway guys :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft