Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• JohnC 37 posts 61 karma points
    May 29, 2012 @ 10:33
    JohnC

Client Dependency and LESS

Hi,

Does anyone know if it's possible to force Client Dependency to download files rather than access them via the file system? My issue is that I am currently auto processing .less.css files using DotLessCss and this works great when the file is access directly. However when I use client dependency to merge the files it seems to access it via the file system and doesn't get processed by the handler.

Anyone experienced this issue and got a work around?

Thanks
    John

• Lee Kelleher 4020 posts 15802 karma points MVP 13x admin c-trib
    May 29, 2012 @ 11:41
    Lee Kelleher

Hi John,

Matt Brailsford wrote a blog post about how he got .LESS to work with the Client Dependency Framework.

http://blog.mattbrailsford.com/2010/08/12/using-dotless-and-the-client-dependency-framework-in-umbraco/

Hope it helps.

Cheers, Lee.

May 29, 2012 @ 11:50
    JohnC

Thanks for that Lee, however thats pretty much what I followed, and it doesn't appear to work, I think I am going to stop using CD for handling my css and use dotlesscss for processing the css.

• J 150 posts 489 karma points
    May 29, 2012 @ 11:55
    J

Hi John,

This Starter Kit http://our.umbraco.org/projects/starter-kits/ubootstrap uses CD and .less

Have a look, it might help you.

Cheers,

• J 150 posts 489 karma points
    May 29, 2012 @ 11:59
    J

Alternatively, if you're only using .less, you could configure the web.confg to always compress the stylesheet, example;

<dotless minifyCss="true" cache="true" />
    May 29, 2012 @ 12:01
    JohnC

Thanks Jorge, thats the solution I am going with and using imports to combine the files, I know this isn't V5 related but it seems everything i want to do runs me into walls, I miss xslt, masterpages and v4 lol

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft