Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Alvaro 7 posts 27 karma points
    Jun 04, 2012 @ 13:17
    Alvaro

Folders in content tab

Is it possible to create folders when you are creating content? I mean, in the content tab of umbraco, when I create new pages, I want to organize it in folders (normal, like in Windows or Visual Studio) but I don't find how to do it.

Thanks.

• Michael Falch Madsen 70 posts 92 karma points
    Jun 04, 2012 @ 13:53
    Michael Falch Madsen

You could create an empty document type called eg. folder and set its Structure to allow all your other document types created beneath

• Alvaro 7 posts 27 karma points
    Jun 04, 2012 @ 13:56
    Alvaro

That what I did, but it generates a navigation url and I don't need/want it.

• Rik Helsen 670 posts 873 karma points
    Jun 04, 2012 @ 14:08
    Rik Helsen

the site structure reflects your navigation, so if you want to classify pages into folders but don't want structure, there is little you can do (except maybe use tagging instead of structure to classify pages)

So either:

• Use something like AutoFolders that creates folders with one letter from A-Z for subnodes (dates are also possible, ie month-year)
    • Use tags to group pages
    • create nodes for folders for subpages outside of your content tree, and use url rewriting to access them (this requires some predictive folders, and doesn't allow errors)

Can you please give an example with real data to explain what you're trying to achive? you'll get better feedback that way.

• Michael Falch Madsen 70 posts 92 karma points
    Jun 04, 2012 @ 14:48
    Michael Falch Madsen

use the umbracoNaviHide property on the folder documentype to hide it from menu structure

• Rik Helsen 670 posts 873 karma points
    Jun 04, 2012 @ 15:14
    Rik Helsen

Michel: it does so for navigation (if you take it into account), but not for the URL

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft