Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Umbraco 137 posts 294 karma points
    Jun 06, 2012 @ 10:08
    Umbraco

Do you use ClientDependency for the front-end?

I noticed very quickly that ClientDependency doesn't check if the files it combines and minifies are modified since they were last cached. So that means that everytime you update a stylesheet, for example a minor fix that you could do using Umbraco's built-in stylesheet editor, that you have to either:

• delete files in ~/App_Data/TEMP/ClientDependency
    • change the value of the version attribute in ~/config/ClientDependency.config
    That is when changing a stylesheet on a live site that has debug set to false. And the same is true when you are uploading a new stylesheet to a live site: you also have to change a config file or delete temporary files.
    Am I missing some kind of setting for ClientDependency to make it easier to use?

• Umbraco 137 posts 294 karma points
    Jun 06, 2012 @ 10:17
    Umbraco

PS: I tried removing the version attribute from the config file, and also setting it to auto, 0, -1 but that doesn't do the trick. I cross posted to the Codeplex project forum to see if there's a general solution, but I am still wondering what other Umbraco developer's experience with the framework is. It seem a waste not to use it, as it comes out of the box and is otherwsie quite nice.

• JohnC 37 posts 61 karma points
    Jun 11, 2012 @ 18:20
    JohnC

I tend to leave my development site in debug mode and the issue only occurs on live then and i just clear the folder when deploying to the live environment.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft