Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• wolulcmit 357 posts 693 karma points
    Jul 30, 2009 @ 13:07
    wolulcmit

Creating a package - setting which template specific content will use

Quick question, I have created a custom package but when I install the package, the content tree doesn't remember what template it is supposed to use (just defaults to it's original contentType template)

I can see this is because the node id's are different depending if you've created content before or not....
    do I have to ensure that this is going to be a blank install in order for this to work?

for example:
    <node .... template="1307" ...........>
    but my node id for this template after installation is now: 1085

any help greatly appreciated.

• Richard Soeteman 4045 posts 12893 karma points MVP 2x
    Jul 31, 2009 @ 13:50
    Richard Soeteman

I think this is a bug in Umbraco because it's using Id's instead of aliases that's why the Id's are different. One approach could be (if you don't have to many documents that are using a different template than the default  )that you Create a custom Package Action, or a Post Install Usercontrol to correct the doctype/template mapping for these items.  

• wolulcmit 357 posts 693 karma points
    Aug 01, 2009 @ 13:41
    wolulcmit

I have done a couple of different clean installations now, but still can't get it to work.
    the node id's and template="" match up to the correct template node id's but they still default to their default template types after install for some strange reason. Has anyone managed to get this working?
    I have tried using package actions to allow document types. but I think i'm barking up the wrong tree with that as it's not really to do with docTypes more docTempates.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft