Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Zakhar 171 posts 397 karma points
    Jun 25, 2012 @ 15:28
    Zakhar

Expression must evaluate to a node-set. in the Content section.

Hi guys,

I created my Multiple node picker datatype using uComponents, added it to document type and now when I go to my content section and click on any node of this doctype I get this exception:

Expression must evaluate to a node-set.

It appears as Yellow screen in the right part of content section.
    I can't seem to get it back working. I removed the datatpe from document type, deleted datatype from Umbraco completely, but still no luck. It looks like something broke in the database. Can I do anything about it?

Probably the problem is that I'm using uSiteBuilder and code-first approach for building document type, I misspeled the name of datatype, and got "datatype not exists" or something similar first. I fixed the typo, but now getting this error.

• Zakhar 171 posts 397 karma points
    Jun 25, 2012 @ 15:38
    Zakhar

I'm using Umbraco 4.7.2.

And here is exception from UmbracoLog table

At /umbraco/editContent.aspx?id=1096 (Referred by: http://localhost:800/umbraco/umbraco.aspx): System.Xml.XPath.XPathException: Expression must evaluate to a node-set.     at MS.Internal.Xml.XPath.XPathParser.ParseNodeTest(AstNode qyInput, AxisType axisType, XPathNodeType nodeType)     at MS.Internal.Xml.XPath.XPathParser.ParseStep(AstNode qyInput)     at MS.Internal.Xml.XPath.XPathParser.ParseRelativeLocationPath(AstNode qyInput)     at MS.Internal.Xml.XPath.XPathParser.ParsePathExpr(AstNode qyInput)     at MS.Internal.Xml.XPath.XPathParser.ParseUnionExpr(AstNode qyInput)     at MS.Internal.Xml.XPath.XPathParser.ParseMultiplicativeExpr(AstNode qyInput)     at MS.Internal.Xml.XPath.XPathParser.ParseRelationalExpr(AstNode qyInput)     at MS.Internal.Xml.XPath.XPathParser.ParseAndExpr(AstNode qyInput)     at MS.Internal.Xml.XPath.XPathParser.ParseExpresion(AstNode qyInput)     at MS.Internal.Xml.XPath.QueryBuilder.Build(String query, Boolean allowVar, Boolean allowKey)     at System.Xml.XPath.XPathExpression.Compile(String xpath, IXmlNamespaceResolver nsResolver)     at System.Xml.XPath.XPathNavigator.Select(String xpath)     at uComponents.Core.DataTypes.MultiNodeTreePicker.FilteredContentTree.get_DefinedStartNodeDoc()     at uComponents.Core.DataTypes.MultiNodeTreePicker.FilteredContentTree.get_StartNodeID()     at umbraco.cms.presentation.Trees.XmlTreeNode.CreateRoot(BaseTree bTree)     at umbraco.cms.presentation.Trees.BaseTree.CreateRootNode()     at umbraco.cms.presentation.Trees.BaseTree.SetTreeParameters(ITreeService treeParams)     at umbraco.controls.Tree.TreeControl.Initialize()     at umbraco.controls.Tree.TreeControl.OnPreRender(EventArgs e)     at uComponents.Core.Shared.Tree.CustomTreeControl.OnPreRender(EventArgs e)     at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()     at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()     at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()     at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()     at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()     at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()     at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()     at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()     at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()     at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()     at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()     at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()     at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()     at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()     at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft