Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• h3xx3n 1 post 21 karma points
    Jul 04, 2012 @ 18:33
    h3xx3n

Two templates inherits from one master, only one shows content - Please help out

Okay, so I have two pages that inherit from the same Master template, seen here:

<%@ Master Language="C#" MasterPageFile="~/umbraco/masterpages/default.master" AutoEventWireup="true" %>
    <asp:Content ContentPlaceHolderID="ContentPlaceHolderDefault" runat="server">
    <!-- meta data, header, footer etc. omitted -->

<div id="content>

<asp:ContentPlaceHolder runat="server" id="MasterContentPlaceHolder" /> 

</div>         
    </asp:Content>

Okay, next I have two child pages, called "about" and "home" (I would want to create more), they are implemented the same way, only different in content, this is an example of one:

<%@ Master Language="C#" MasterPageFile="~/masterpages/Master.master" AutoEventWireup="true" %>
      <asp:Content ContentPlaceHolderID="MasterContentPlaceHolder" runat="server">
    <!--- some content here-->
    </asp:Content>

Now the problem is, that when I create the two pages (e.g. about and home), only one displays the content placed in the respective placeholder as seen above. So as it is right now, I can only see the content of my about page, whereas home just renders the css/html of the master page, but none of the content injected in the placeholder.

I dont get it, I have looked through forums and example code, and I cant seem to find any difference or explanation, please help out..

Regards Joachim

• tentonipete 78 posts 223 karma points
    Jul 09, 2012 @ 13:17
    tentonipete

i'd be inclined to think that there MUST be a difference somewhere otherwise it would work! have you tried doing it with all of your html markup removed and just the asp controls?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft