Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Magnus Österlund 4 posts 24 karma points
    Jul 09, 2012 @ 00:16
    Magnus Österlund

Single line rich text

I need a data type that allows only one row and sammtidigt allow formatting of text, such as insert images, links, bold text, etc.
    I can not find bågon text control that is both single line and allows rich text

• Lee Kelleher 4020 posts 15802 karma points MVP 13x admin c-trib
    Jul 09, 2012 @ 00:46
    Lee Kelleher

Hi Magnus, welcome.

Not sure what "sammtidigt" means? (I ran it through google translate - guessing you meant 'while' - Swedish?) :-)

With the rich-text editor, currently the only way is to set the "Width and height" properties (in the developer section of the TinyMCE data-type) to appear like a single-line.  The main problem is that editors could still add new-lines.

Not sure if there is another option or available package that can achieve what you want - yet.

Cheers, Lee.

• Magnus Österlund 4 posts 24 karma points
    Jul 09, 2012 @ 16:08
    Magnus Österlund

upps, I did not review the text before I post it. You're right, "sammtidigt" means while in Swedish.

Too bad there is no such control. I get around that by simply asking the user to not write more than one line.
    I don't like that it add <p> in html text. Can I remove these in the template?

• Lee Kelleher 4020 posts 15802 karma points MVP 13x admin c-trib
    Jul 09, 2012 @ 16:13
    Lee Kelleher

Hi Magnus,

Yes, you strip out the first paragraph tag - if you are using a Razor or XSLT macro, then can make a call to the "umbraco.lbrary.RemoveFirstParagraphTag" function.

If you are outputting the field directly in a template, then you can use the <umbraco:Item> tag with the "stripParagraph" attribute:

<umbraco:item field="bodyText" stripParagraph="true" runat="server"/>

Cheers, Lee.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft