Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Steve 472 posts 1216 karma points
    Aug 13, 2012 @ 20:32
    Steve

Copying a Doctype

I am fairly new to Umbraco and was wondering if anyone had run into this issue. I was creating a copy of a doctype and renaming it to someing else to be used with a template I had created. I had just clicked OK to make the copy and the browser seemed to hang without completing the request. After going back to our live homepage it was displaying the Umbraco setup page instead of our homepage. I had to republish all the content over to get it to return. Scares me to think that could happen again. Anyone else?

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Aug 13, 2012 @ 22:33
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Steve

That sounds a bit odd - what version of Umbraco have you experienced this on? And have anyone else been working on the site at the same time as you?

It's always a good idea to have a development environment so you don't risk messing up the live site if something goes wrong though.

Looking forward to hearing more from you.

/Jan

• Steve 472 posts 1216 karma points
    Aug 14, 2012 @ 14:24
    Steve

We are using Umbraco version 4.7.1.1. We allways have someone working on the site at the same time, but we were in different areas. The site is 3,500 pages in size. I like the idea of a dev envornment, it's getting IT to set one up that could be the issue.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft