Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Martin 1 post 21 karma points
    Aug 23, 2012 @ 11:09
    Martin

Getting a 404 error when saving a Document Type

Hello,

Quite new to Umbraco and first post here. I've had a root around and can't see any similar problems.

Not sure what I've done here:

It allows me to create a new document type - but when I try and save a 404 error is displayed. Creating and saving anything else on the system is all working fine. Any ideas why? or where I should be looking?

I'm using umbraco 4.7.2. and it's been working fine up to now.

• Drew Garratt 44 posts 192 karma points
    Mar 15, 2013 @ 16:29
    Drew Garratt

I've just started to encounter a similar error on Version 6.0.2

What makes this paticularly odd is if I create a new Document Type I can save without problem but seemingly a large number of my document type cannot be save to.

Any ideas where to start debuging?

• Drew Garratt 44 posts 192 karma points
    Mar 19, 2013 @ 10:47
    Drew Garratt

After some exploring of my site I've found this dosen't effect all datatypes. However it does effect new datatypes with more than 5 attributes (why 5 I have no idea) if I keep adding test attributes to a document type on save number 5 it returns a 404.

The document types effected can still be used in content and there properties viewed but any changes made are not saved instead a 404 message is returned.

I've checked the database for obvious culprits like dulicate entries in the properties tabs table but alas no luck.

If I can't come up with a fix I'll have to pull the development and start re creating the site to identify just which piece caused it to fail.

• Hayley 2 posts 22 karma points
    Nov 21, 2013 @ 21:09
    Hayley

Hello,

Has anyone found a solution to this issue? We have been developing for about 3 months and haven't had a problem up until the past couple of days.

We noticed today that after adding 4 properties to a new document type we would receive the 404 error. We have had document types with up to 6 or 7 properties and haven't had an issue before.

Running Umbraco v6.1.3. Any insight would be great!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft