Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Peter Schermers 112 posts 134 karma points
    Aug 30, 2012 @ 11:11
    Peter Schermers

Copy properties from tab to tab

As the subject already indicates: I have created multiple tabs under a certain DocType. Inside these tabs I need to use the same fields again and again. At this point I just have to create all these properties over again under the right tabs. Is there a (simple) way to just copy all content from tab 1 to tab 2?

• Drew 165 posts 340 karma points
    Sep 04, 2012 @ 13:38
    Drew

DocTypeMixins could be your friend:

http://our.umbraco.org/projects/backoffice-extensions/doctypemixins

Create a Mixin (doctype) with those tabs/properties, then assign it to the new doctypes, voila!

You could create a Mixin foreach tab, that way you can apply the tab and its properties to each doctype as/if needed. 

Sep 04, 2012 @ 13:42
    Peter Schermers

Hi Drew,

Thanks for your advice, but I've already tried DocTypeMixins ;-)
    This is not what I need, since it's just enabling me to copy the properties (or tabs) from one DocType to another.
    What I would like to know is how I can copy certain FIELDS from one TAB to another, including an option to choose a unique alias, off course.

But thanks anyway! 

• Drew 165 posts 340 karma points
    Sep 04, 2012 @ 14:01
    Drew

I see, I don't think there's a package for that - although it could be quite handy.

It could be knocked up as package though - by adding a simple icon/option, then programattically copying the field across to another tab.
    (the doctypemixins source could be handy for an example of modtifiyng tag values: https://bitbucket.org/mattbrailsford/doctypemixins/src)

Cheers, 

Sep 18, 2012 @ 08:40
    Peter Schermers

Hi Drew,

A little late, but I just had to copy everything by hand since I'm not this educated that I could 'programmatically copy the field across to another tab' ;-)

Still, thanks for your assistence!

p

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft