Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Dani 18 posts 38 karma points
    Sep 03, 2012 @ 18:28
    Dani

I can't edit the Template Master

Hello I go to setting --> Templates --> Master --> select one of then and try to edit, when I push in the Save button I get the error:

Template not saved

Please make sure that you do not have 2 templates with the same alias.

Any idea?

Thanks.

• Niels Lynggaard 190 posts 548 karma points
    Sep 03, 2012 @ 23:10
    Niels Lynggaard

Hi

I've seen the same problem once, and as far as I can recall I had just dropped a dll in the bin-folder that was causing this mis-behavior because the dll was flawed. I had just built some code and I ended up in a name-space confusion between umbraco and mynamespace.umbraco.something.. 

Anyways; If you just put a dll in the bin-folder, try undoing that. Or if you just installed some package, try uninstalling.

Also, another thing could be to check that the read/write rights on your templates folder has been set correctly. (e.g that Network Service has read/write access on that folder)

I think I found a hint also, when looking in the log-table in the database. This could also be a place to look for you, any errors logged there may give you a hint.

Hope this is helpfull.

• Dani 18 posts 38 karma points
    Sep 04, 2012 @ 09:19
    Dani

Thank you so much, I'll try all that things and I'll tell you.

Again, Thank you.

• Marcel du Crocq 18 posts 38 karma points
    Sep 07, 2012 @ 09:04
    Marcel du Crocq

Hi,

I am learning Umbraco and have the same problem, dll in Bin folder, were can I find this folder and what dll, logtable???

Can you explain step by step, I realy need to solve this I can not continue with my website.

Thnx.

• Niels Lynggaard 190 posts 548 karma points
    Sep 12, 2012 @ 12:20
    Niels Lynggaard

Hi again, sorry for the long answer time.

First of all, the dll is ONLY if you just installed a package or deployed some of your own code in the form of a dll.. Of not, disregard that. If you just installed a package, just try and uninstall that and try again.(The bin folder is in your umbraco-installation, e.g on the file-system of your server, you cannot access it through the umbraco backoffice)

I think the most common reason for this kind of error is that you forgot to setup permissions on your folders in umbraco to make the "network service" able to edit the files and folders needed. You can do this manually on the server or you can use a script for that. Usually I just use the script found here (http://our.umbraco.org/wiki/install-and-setup/set-umbraco-folder-permissions-from-command-line)  to setup read/write rights on the folders in the umbraco installation.Give it a try and see if that fixes things. (You need access to your umbraco server to do this). If you are using a hostingprovider you can ask them to setup these rights for you.

The logging-table I'm talking about is a table in the database. You can find it through your SQL management studio, its called "UmbracoLog".. That is a good place to look for hints on this kind of errors..

Hope this clarifies things a little bit..

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft