Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• sundip 76 posts 339 karma points
    Oct 19, 2012 @ 18:50
    sundip

Write code for user control

Hi,

I am working on the existing umbraco website. Previous developer has made contact form and the data is submitting into database through code behind file. Now, I am not able to change it because it's been compiled into .dll. Even I am not able to use the same user control, it's keep throwing me error " error creating user control ". Is there any solution for this! Can I write the asp.net code somewhere on the umbraco to edit the previous one.

I am stuck..need help on this..

Thank you,

Sundip

• Tom Fulton 2030 posts 4998 karma points c-trib
    Oct 19, 2012 @ 19:01
    Tom Fulton

Hi,

You can try to get a better error message if you goto Developer -> Macros, select your macro that is referencing the usercontrol, and click the Browse Properties button.  This usually gives you the "real" error which might help you troubleshoot.  Could be a missing DLL or something.

If it's a simple usercontrol you could also try a decompiler like dotPeek or ILSpy to see what the usercontrol is doing.

-Tom

Oct 19, 2012 @ 21:48
    sundip

Sounds good, thanks.. Do you have any idea how to change the version of MySql.dll to 6.4.4.0 that's the error.

Thank you once again..

Sundip

Oct 19, 2012 @ 21:49
    sundip

Actual error: 

error CS1705: Assembly 'alco_california_reroll, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' uses 'MySql.Data, Version=6.4.4.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=c5687fc88969c44d' which has a higher version than referenced assembly 'MySql.Data, Version=5.1.2.2, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=c5687fc88969c44d' 

• Tom Fulton 2030 posts 4998 karma points c-trib
    Oct 19, 2012 @ 22:03
    Tom Fulton

You could try downloading it from the MySql website and just dropping it in the /bin/ folder, not sure if Umbraco might have some hardcoded dependencies to it though

Oct 22, 2012 @ 17:11
    sundip

Hey Tom,

Thank you for the suggestion, it worked for me to drop new .dll to the current bin folder with few changes in web.config.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft