Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Anthony 4 posts 24 karma points
    Oct 23, 2012 @ 00:32
    Anthony

How do I convert templates to masterpages?

I've inherited a large Umbraco site and am still coming up to speed on this. It's version 4.8.1 and is still using the old templating engine. I'd like to convert to the new asp.net master pages model but when I set useAspNetMasterPages=true in the umbracoSettings.config file, the whole site disappears. Is there an easy way to do this?

• Tom Fulton 2030 posts 4998 karma points c-trib
    Oct 23, 2012 @ 20:04
    Tom Fulton

Hi Anthony,

Have you tried republishing the site afterwards by right-clicking the Content node?  Can you also confirm whether the masterpages get created on the disk in the /masterpages folder?  I did a 3.0 upgrade recently, but if I recall there weren't any extra steps needed.

-Tom

• Anthony 4 posts 24 karma points
    Oct 23, 2012 @ 22:50
    Anthony

Hi Tom,

I just tried republishing the site. No masterpages were created in the /masterpages folder and when I browse to the site, it's still blank. If I view source on the page, nothing is there. I'm not seeing errors in the UmbracoLog table or Event Viewer. If I switch useAspNetMasterPages=false then everything is there but it's still the old Templating model. I wonder if there's an API call that would convert them? There must be something that goes on behind the scenes when upgrading from 3.x to 4.x.

Anthony

• Tom Fulton 2030 posts 4998 karma points c-trib
    Nov 24, 2012 @ 21:33
    Tom Fulton

Hi Anthony,

Sorry I never got back to you on this - it fell of my radar.  Did you ever get it figured out?

-Tom

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft