Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jesper Ordrup 1019 posts 1528 karma points MVP
    Aug 17, 2009 @ 18:57
    Jesper Ordrup

Cant create templates (umb 304)

When trying to create a new template the template does not show up in the tree. Umbraco fails silently. I'm thinking folder permissions but the hosting company tells me I've got full permissions to all folders.

Any help is great. Thanks

/Jesper

(umbraco 3.04, iis6, sqlserver 2000)

Aug 17, 2009 @ 20:26
    Jesper Ordrup

Upgraded the solution to 3.06. Problem persists.

Also, when publishing any node in the content section it fails with: "Cannot insert the value NULL ubti column 'id', table 'cmsPropertyData'; column does not allow nulls. Insert fails."

• Eventlog contains nothing relevant
    • umbracolog contains no releated rows

When trying to create templates/doctypes as mention before - Umbraco fails silently. Also no records are created in db.

/Jesper

• Dirk De Grave 4541 posts 6021 karma points MVP 3x admin c-trib
    Aug 17, 2009 @ 20:39
    Dirk De Grave

Jesper,

Moving topic to 'templating - templates and document types', our.umb dev forum is for bugs related to the our.umbraco site!

Cheers,

/Dirk

• Richard Soeteman 4045 posts 12893 karma points MVP 2x
    Aug 17, 2009 @ 20:53
    Richard Soeteman

Hi Jesper,

Could it be that this is related to your other post that you've downgraded to 3.0.4 again but your database is still updated? If So wouldn't it be better to restore the database also?

Hope it helps you,

Richard

Aug 19, 2009 @ 15:23
    Jesper Ordrup

Hi Richard,

Nope - I also restored db. I haven't found a solution for this. I've been in the same situation before. Sadly the client only has 7 days backup history - all containing same error.

Solution: nuking the solution back to my delivery 1 year ago. ouch :-) But it works now.

/Jesper

Aug 19, 2009 @ 15:26
    Jesper Ordrup

Dirk, Thanks. You're right. When I was posting I had my doubts but it seemed that it's a general misunderstanding about the "bugs forum".

I vote for a bugs discussion forum where people can air their bugs. I know it's been up before. I really don't think that non developers can be expected to discuss bugs on codeplex.

/jesper

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft